How to Create Your New Career Story: Mindset + Connection = Change
THIS IS A PLACE HOLDER ONLY
“I didn’t realize just how much of a beating my self-confidence was taking from being in the wrong profession.”
This was an email from a recent client, who successfully executed a complete career change (functional skills and industry change).
It took lots of courage when she realized that even the return to school for a Masters in her old field wasn’t enough to quiet the voice telling her that this road was all wrong. This was no small shift.
So how did she do it?
- Trusted her instincts – refused to stay miserable just because staying in her current job “made sense” because of all she put into it
- Investigated – analyzed past work “selves” and got clear on who she wanted to become in her next career
- Repackaged herself – on LinkedIn and rebranded her resume
Then, this woman, whose self-confidence had admittedly taken a beating, stepped into the job search arena with a mastery of her mindset and a focus on connecting to create the future she envisioned.
- Self-doubt didn’t leak into career conversations
- Fear didn’t stop her from picking up the phone
Instead she asked:
- What can I build by telling my story?
- Who can I enlist to be on my team?
And she connected:
- With everyone she could, in every way she could. LinkedIn, email, phone, and in person.
- She recruited ambassadors – confident networkers who sung her praises at every networking event she attended with them.
- She talked. And talked. And followed up.
The idea of networking isn’t new, nor is the importance of mindset, and this client’s story is a perfect example of how one so greatly influences the outcome of the other. Being proactive and visible was not her natural style; it was uncomfortable, and the response was not always positive. But in only a few months, she landed a completely new role in a new industry through a connection she made at an event.
Your energy, your mindset, is infectious. Connecting is key. With the right combination you can create your new story.
Barbara reveals people to themselves. - TG
She’s the real deal. No gimmicks. - JB
I’m stepping in as a leader in a way I never have before. - KM
Live Your Genuine. Copyright 2021.